Individuals and families face many unique challenges when it comes to taxes, however, there are also many opportunities you may not be aware of. We would love to meet with you to discuss your situation, so give us a call or send us an email so we can help meet your particular needs. Meanwhile, be sure to check out our quarterly newsletter and other blog posts for tips and updates.
Please note, as you are gathering information to bring to your tax preparer for the year, there are a few items that may hold up your return filing if not provided. In addition to any tax forms you receive (i.e. W2, 1099, K-1, 1098, 1095, etc.), also bring the following items that may apply to you:
- If you have children, parents or other dependents you would like to claim on your tax return, we will need to know the name, SSN, birth date, and how many months they lived with you during the year, for each dependent. If you have a joint custody agreement, you may also need to bring a copy of your Form 8332.
- If you or your dependent(s) paid tuition for higher education during the year, you will need to bring both the 1098-T provided by the institution and receipts substantiating your payments and/or loans.
- If you received a 1099 or K-1 for interest, dividends, retirement distributions, stock sales or other income, include these forms when you bring us your information. Not having these forms can cause significant delays in the preparation of your return.
- If you are expecting a refund and would like to have it directly deposited into your account, you will need to bring your account’s routing number, account number and let us know whether it is a checking or savings account. The same applies if you plan on paying any tax due via electronic funds withdrawal.
- If you did not receive a Form 1095-A, B or C for health insurance, we will need to know if you were covered for the entire year. If not, we will need to know which months you did not have health insurance. Please provide this information for all members of your household.
We look forward to serving your tax preparation needs this year!